Custom Search

Zenith Elite Captain




Yawn?
Like the Zenith Elite Ultra Thin 681 that I showed you back in March, these new Zenith “Captain” watches are the latest offering in Zenith’s Elite collection.   As you can see the watches are, well, plain.  The $3,000-$4,000 price tag is not out of line for a watch with an in-house movement (as is the case here), but I’m just not feeling the love for this watch at such a price.  Perhaps there is a subtle sophistication that I am missing.  Or not.  Feel free to weigh-in with a comment.
Zenith Elite Captain Central Seconds
40mm case (stainless steel or rose gold), sapphire display back, water resistance 50 meters, automatic Zenith caliber Elite 670.

03.2020.670/01.c498
03.2020.670/21.m2020
If I were going to buy a Zenith, I’d much prefer something like the Zenith El-Primero Striking 1/10 Chronograph. Granted, the Striking 1/10 is at least 2x-3x the price of the Elite Captain, but I find it many times more interesting than the watch shown here.